Research group: Past Cultures and Populations
Institutional Address: Department of Life Sciences
Phone number: +351 239 240 718
- Biological Anthropology; Paleopathology, History of diseases, Funerary Anthropology.
- Skeletal Biology, Age-at- death, Paleodemography.
- Pre-Columbian Caribbean.
- Multidisciplinary approach to the study of human skeletal remains, articulating data
obtained directly from macroscopic and radiological observations with information
from secondary sources, such as documents, archives and iconographies.
- The study of health in past populations in particular the spread of infectious diseases, as
a consequence of migration, socioeconomic changes and wars.
- Evolution of diagnosis, therapeutic and prevention of diseases in the last millennia such
as the changes of behaviours and exclusion of patients from society.
Researcher ID: A-1128- 2010