Questions related to the return to
activities at CIAS/UC
Following the guidelines of the Portuguese Government and the most recent updates and recommendations issued by the Directorate-General for Health and the World Health Organisation, the Department of Life Sciences and the University of Coimbra have prepared a set of extraordinary measures to gradually resume the research activity to its entirety.
CIAS intends to maintain its activities as much as possible, while working to:
- Protect the health and safety of our staff and students;
- Maintain our infrastructure and main activities;
- Restore to normal research and classes.
The objective is to ensure adequate safety conditions for all, in accordance with the scientific evidence and the health authorities recommendations. The Department of Life Sciences (DCV) Recommendation Guide is available online. The guidelines will be revised as needed so the DCV webpage should be regularly consulted.
The University of Coimbra has dedicated countless efforts against COVID-19; more information is available in the University’s official page, HERE.
Major rules for circulation and use of specific areas
- The use of a surgical mask inside the building is mandatory at all times;
- Careful washing and hand hygiene is encouraged various times a day;
- Circulation in the building is reduced to the minimum necessary;
- Elevators are limited to 1 user at a time (with mask on) and preferential use should be given to people with reduced mobility;
- Always respect the signaletic in the building.
How to protect yourself?