Join us on social media
The Research Centre for Anthropology and Health (CIAS) in partnership with the Department of Biology of the University of Évora, the Group of Studies in Human Evolution (GEEvH) and the Department of Life Sciences of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Coimbra, invite you for the 7th Portuguese Conference on Paleopathology.
4th – 5th September 2020
Objectives and Target Audience:
The 7thPCP welcomes all of those interested in the study of health and disease in past populations. Students and professionals in Anthropology, Biology, Archaeology, History, Medicine and other Health Sciences are particularly welcomed.
This interdisciplinary event provides a forum for discussion and intellectual exchange considering the latest advances in palaeopathological research.
I. History of Paleopathology
II. Paleopathological cases
III. Paleopathology and interdisciplinarity
IV. Methodological advances in paleopathological research
English | Portuguese and Spanish (exceptionally accepted)
Registration & Submission will be available soon
1st call – before 29th February 2020
2nd call – before 30th April 2020
Early bird (before 1st June 2020)
40€ – Students*;
60€ – GEEvH members**, CIAS members;
80€ – Other participants.
Late (after 1st June 2020)
80€ – Students*;
120€ – GEEvH members**, CIAS members;
160€ – Other participants.
* A proof of student status should be sent to the email: email@example.com
** Only member with 2019’s fees up to date (more information in http://geevh.jimdo.com/).
Call for abstracts:
The participants must send, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), a document (in Word or compatible format) containing the following items:
– Author(s) and institutional address(s);
– E-mail of one of the authors;
– Abstract (maximum 200 words);
– Keywords (maximum 6);
– Indication if it is a proposal for oral or poster communication;
– Indication if the work competes for the best student presentation prize.
Abstracts will be subject to peer review and should be written in English.
- Both oral communications and posters should be written in English but, exceptionally, may be presented in Portuguese or Spanish;
- The oral communications will have a maximum duration of 15 minutes (plus 5 min discussion) and only electronic supports in PowerPoint or similar will be accepted;
- A laptop/PC with Windows 10 will be available;
- Authors should inform the Organizing Committee in due time about the possible need for other equipment or adapters;
- Posters may have a maximum size of 120 cm (length/height) x 90 cm (width), with free drawing and layout;
- The author(s) of each poster must be present with the poster during the respective session (consult the schedule of sessions in the book “Abstracts-Program” that will be delivered at the reception of the 7thPCP).
Useful phone numbers:
Taxi +351 266 734 734
Police +351 266 702 022
Here you can find a map with useful places, what to visit in Évora and its surroundings, restaurants and places with free WiFi.
Use the map’s layers (arrow on the left side of the map) for an easier navigation.